Welcome to the Bright Horizon Foundation for Children’s fundraiser resource page. Below are fundraising links that are useful resources for centers, schools, and families.
We are a 501(c)3 organization, so all donations are tax-exempt. A copy of our 501(c)3 letter from the Internal Revenue Service is available here.
Fundraising Ideas to Do with Children
Providing ways for the children to be involved in raising funds for a special cause (like our Bright Space program) is a great way to help them understand the importance of community service. These ideas could be incorporated by teachers at centers or schools, or by families looking for something to do with their child.
• Dance-a-thon, Rock-a-thon, anything-a-thon: Turn your children’s boundless energy into donations for a shelter!
• Art auction: Children love to draw, so why not let budding artists raise money for a Bright Space? Hold an auction of your children’s artwork, selling the one-of-a-kind creations to parents, relatives, and friends who want to decorate their refrigerator and support a Bright Space at the same time.
• Bake sale: Invite your parents, clients, and faculty to show off their baking skills! To raise the stakes – ask some high-profile individuals (CEO or President, radio or TV personalities, local celebrities) to bake a special dessert and auction it off to the highest bidder. Fabulous desserts baked with love by well-known personalities. Who could resist?
• Host a carnival: Host a mini-carnival, with games, prizes and popcorn, in your center, a local park or your own backyard. Charge admission and/or a small fee to play games.
• Spaghetti/pancake/barbecue/etc. dinner: Prepare a meal for students, teachers, or community members and charge a fee.
• Book sale: Ask all your friends, relatives, and teachers to donate their old books. Advertise your book sale by means of posters and flyers. Set up a table and sell books. If there are leftovers, you can always give them to a library, shelter, or school.
• Car wash: With a group of friends, set up a car wash in the parking lot of your school, or public area.
Fundraising Event Ideas for Centers/Schools/Departments/Organizations
If you are interested in doing either of these events, the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children offers support materials and information to help you out. Contact April Powell at email@example.com for more information.
Walk-ons are generally done by Bright Horizons employees, either by center/school or by region or division. A Walk On is a walk-a-thon to raise funds and awareness about the needs of homeless children and youth.
The Foundation can provide registration forms, help with creating an event-specific website, and other valuable information. Contact April Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Walk On page for more information.
Children love to explore vehicles, whether it is the more traditional fire trucks and police cars, a tricked out RV or limousine, or construction and excavation equipment. Hosting a Truck Day and charging a small admission fee can be a great way to raise money.
The Foundation can provide a detailed checklist and timeline of how to plan for one of these events. Contact April Powell at email@example.com or visit the Truck Day website for more information.